Wednesday, June 20, 2007

mid June update

Here in Tempe we're getting extreme heat advisories all the time now...we haven't made it to 120 yet but we're solidly in the teens. The pool is beginning to feel like broth. They say if you dump a frog into the pot when it's cold and then slowly heat, you can cook him without alarming him a bit. Hmmm...

Started physical therapy today--ouch (but a good ouch, I'm sure). They've got a nice setup over there; I'll be doing mostly hydrotherapy in one or more of their three pools. The idea is to fix up the muscles that have been compensating for the damage they worked on with the surgery. That, and to lower my shoulders... (what, me tense?)

My granddaughter Jhaleah turns 7 mo. today...She's cruising around the furniture like mad and will no doubt let go one day soon and we'll be chasing her everywhere. She's liking the pool more and more, despite the fact that her mom and dad are now dunking her regularly.

My husband Dennis and my oldest son Brandon are getting hyped up about their trip to Vegas at the end of the month. I hope we'll be able to pay the rent afterward ... I was going to go but decided to stay home and be comfortable. So I also don't need to worry about my cat Cheops, my daughter Amy doesn't need to find someone else for Jhaleah, and I can continue physical therapy without interuption--although I'll be making that long trip in the Chrysler (instead of the Honda, which they're taking to Lost Wages), which I'm not completely happy about. The doctor just bumped up the anti-depressants though, so hopefully we'll avoid any major boohooing.

What else am I into? I've just discovered ruby port...hic (don't worry; just 2 oz. a day and I've forsworn all other alcoholic beverages). The "eating a whole bunch more" diet seems to be working: after that first upsurge in pounds, they seem to be dropping off now. Too early to let myself get all excited yet, but I feel better and my doctors are pleased.

Someday I'll have the dragon box finished that I'm working on, but I may need a long vacation from it (and those tiny 15/0 hex beads) first. This last week I've been sorting beads that I got for a steal; I'm trying to see it as good brain exercise: very close colors with identical colors of matte and various shines all mixed together. If I were less stubborn I'd give it up as a bad cause.

Okay, I'm watching this contortionist on Ellen DeGeneres right now...wouldn't it be fun if physical therapy could get me into that kind of shape?

No comments: